Saturday, July 24, 2010

Quotes on writing

I've been collecting quotes on writing by various authors and thought I'd share some:
Ernest Hemingway: "My aim is to put down what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way I can tell it."
Rudyard Kipling: "Words are the most powerful drugs used by mankind."
C.S. Lewis: "Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it."
Eudora Welty: "Write about what you don't know about what you know."
Maya Angelou: "There's a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure truth."
Truman Capote: "To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music that words make."

No comments:

Post a Comment